LYC 0.00% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

Strategic Metals, page-7

1. 179 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    I can accept everything stated in the article as true but it has left me a little confused. The Kalgoorlie plant is being built to comply with the Malaysian government's decree that Lynas stop importing radioactive carbonate into their country. Lynas is using this to their advantage by building this plant to do the cracking and leaching part of the refining process in West Australia and and this will free up the further refining capacity at the LAMP. The planned increase in capacity ( to 10500 tonnes of NdPr per year) was announced along side the initial unveiling of the plans to build the Kalgoorlie plant. I don't understand why "Lynas pegs huge expansion on a Malaysian government reprieve". Why 'pegs'? Are they dependent on this reprieve? Not according to Lynas and all the plans published. Lynas may prefer this because it may be cheaper for them and/or it may give them even greater capacity. I am interested to understand in greater detail as to why Lynas would prefer the reprieve.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.40
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.982B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.47 $6.48 $6.34 $20.28M 3.161M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12848 $6.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.40 17965 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.