AGS 0.00% 17.5¢ alliance resources limited

strategic move by ags, page-240

1. 636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63
    I have now fully recovered from my temporary meltdown. I spent hours reviewing the AGS saga and have decided to keep my shares - in fact I was so reassured that a bought some more at this bargain basement price!!

I have been pondering the future uranium price. I read Obama's speech on Climate Change yesterday. I was surprised by his tough stand and courage in announcing his plans to deal with the coming problems. Not surprisingly, his speech was largely ignored by the US media.

I believe this will eventually be seen as the most significance speech of his Presidency. He effectively gave the kiss of death to the oil sands pipeline and called the deniers of Climate Change "flatearthers". Powerful stuff from an incumbent President.

Apparently 40% of the carbon produced in the USA comes from coal fired electricity stations. I found that astonishing. Obama said they would have to meet strict emission criteria -- that effectively means carbon sequestration.
    The cost of this sequestration is enormous - so much so that coal fired generation will lose its competitive advantage over other forms of generation.

The bottom line is that the USA will have to go nuclear - and quickly- for its electricity generation. Renewables wont make up the shortfall left by coal fired generation by a long way and baseload electricity is needed.

This speech is a very significant milestone. Where the USA goes, the world goes. Obama has led the way. He has to try and convince Congress but ultimately he may have to use his executive powers to push his agenda through. He will now embark on the course of winning the hearts and minds of the American people. He will direct his appeal to the young. They after all will have to deal with the coming climate change crisis. If he galvanizes the youth of America to march in the streets, it will make the Peace protests of the 1960's seem like a Sunday school picnic in comparison.

Sooooo ---- methinks it is a good time to buy Uranium shares!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.