OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

strategies, page-8

1. 5,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    From my understanding, when Oxiana spun off Toro, there was an agreement that any Uranium discovered at P Hill was Toro's. OZL, maintaining it's substantial holding in TOE, is a think, a way to keep P Hill all to itself. i.e. no U at P Hill, Toro does it's own thing, U at P Hill OZL, buy's out TORO.

Yes, Dasa, IXR would be a possibility. I had thought of that after my previous post, but OZL would only move if there was a reason to.

Interesting thought on the dividend. Very few mining companies are dividend plays - if they are, it says I cannot use all the cash. I doubt that is the message OZL wants to send. Also, if C costs $1.5 to $2B to bring to production, having the cash would be handy. (Using the cash for SFR means that OZL then gets increased cash flow to pay for C)

I am suspicious of Uranium as a stand alone mine. With U being mined with Copper and Gold by BHP at O Dam and OZL at C, the U is regarded as a by-product and all it does is reduce the C1 cash costs for the copper production. So the U can be sold at any price by these companies because it is not the main game for them. The marginal cost of production is $0. when PDN and others need to compete with them, they are shackled with an infinitely high relative cost of production.

HT1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.