FLT 1.50% $23.00 flight centre travel group limited

strategy chief quits flight centre

1. 176 Posts.
    from travelbiz.com.au.

Very interesting. Maybe not all is happy at the flt bunker.

Strategy chief quits Flight Centre

Paul Scurrah has resigned from Flight Centre and will leave his position as general manager of strategy for the retailer by the end of the next month.

Scurrah joined the group in January, 2004 from Sunlover Holidays.

“I just really need a break and am looking forward to spending some time with my family,” Scurrah said.

He said he hoped to have three months off and then rejoin the industry, possibly in a consulting role.

Industry sources said Scurrah’s departure was seen as a blow to Flight Centre.

Flight Centre is currently implementing a major cost-cutting program, ‘Full Throttle’, with the help of management consultancy Bain International.

However, it is understood many of the organisational changes made by Bain have been reversed by Flight Centre managing director Graham Turner who has reinstated the company’s ‘tribes’ structure.

Senior Flight Centre management, including Scurrah, were understood to have been frustrated by Turner’s actions.

Scurrah’s departure comes after at least 30 senior managers were made redundant as part of Full Throttle.

27 July 2005

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$23.00
Change
0.340(1.50%)
Mkt cap ! $5.083B
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.78 $23.04 $22.67 $35.42M 1.545M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 340 $22.99

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$23.01 29966 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.