UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

Hi all, Whilst I remain hopeful a satisfactory deal with Amgen...

1. 1,694 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2008
    Hi all,

Whilst I remain hopeful a satisfactory deal with Amgen may be consummated, I cannot help but wonder where we would be placed if it is not.

Ordinarily, investing in a public company rarely ends up as an all or nothing prospect. But sometimes it does and companies go broke with SH losing 100% of their capital.

Amongst my relatively few posts in recent months, I advocated for the company to consider a renounceable rights issue to raise capital in a fair and equitable manner ensuring stakeholders are not involuntarily diluted, as they have been so badly by the recent deal with the sharks.

In order for such a proposal to even get off the ground, the company would need to be confident that the CR would be supported sufficiently to get it out of its cash flow woes.

Aussies have been sadly ignored in recent years' raisings as management went to bed with Wall St. Strangely, I feel it is the Aussie LTSH and others who are the only ones the company can be confident in, if they were asked to salvage the company.

I for one would support an appropriately priced CR conditional upon the company clearly spelling out where we are at with current programs, and when, where and how the proceeds would be utilised. IMO to gain support, they need to walk away from the opaque BS that we have been given in the past, and be transparent. Call it Plan B.

Just to be clear,  in the event the Amgen deal falls over, the likely prospect for us all is a 100% loss of capital unless a significant CR was undertaken and successful. Neither of which is assured.

Assuming that transparency was employed,  it may be interest to us all to see if Plan B would even work.

Without specifying dollar amounts, may I pose a simple question and invite a simple yes / no response.

Question: If the Amgen deal were to fall, would you contribute more capital directly to the company if a Capital Raising was offered?

To be meaningful, I would think all posters should try to offer a response.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.