OAK 0.00% 6.8¢ oakridge international limited

strength in numbers, page-136

1. 33 Posts.
    @trader_10 ,

Looks like I hit a raw nerve eh pal. The only truth regarding your post above is that your assumptions about me are as ridiculous as some of your price predictions in recent times.

In truth I've been around the traps much longer than the number of my posts on HC would suggest. I am an 'old school' investor who was fortunate enough to be able to eventually retire last year after taking a modest stake in a little known company (at the time) called Northern Star Resources.

My initial investment(s) in NST was 800,000 shares at 15c average, and eventually I was able to sell those shares (and a few more) for $2.40. As it turns out, my eventual exit was still premature and my only regret was that I didn't free carry a position to the present day where the current share price is almost $5.

But here's the interesting part. At various stages on the way up I can remember very clearly the serial chartists (i.e. traders no different to yourself and madmacs) who continued to claim "the top is in" or "the pennant is broken". Sound familiar?

Even the fundamentalists were calling gold (NST's main product) "nothing but a barbarous relic".
    However being an old school investor I was experienced enough to ignore the claims of others (and the general noise/volatility that comes from investing in smaller/unproven stocks with little or no revenue) and I stuck to my guns and refused to trade in and out. In hindsight I guess my 'good fortune' with NST was attributed to being able to;

a) identify the potential and gain early entry when the opportunity presented itself.

b) identify the strength and quality of management to determine their probability of success. The fact that Billy Beament and co. also had major skin in the game was an underlying factor in my decision to invest.

c) identify the risks. At the time I took an initial position I'd suggest that the risks for NST were as high and the future a lot more uncertain versus where Xped are currently at, but that is only my opinion.

d) adopt a an approach called 'set and forget', unusual I know in an age where ADHD and bipolar disorders (not to mention serial discrediting) are common amongst traders and some so called investors. I did however follow the company and sector news flow very closely, looking for warning signs and a good enough reason to exit my position on the way up.

e) ignore the self-proclaimed experts including short term traders.

Prior to NST I've enjoyed 'good fortune' with other companies by prioritising the potential of management and their business models over the actual product or resource they oversee. But this was something that took literally years to fully comprehend through trial and error, and cost me a small fortune in the process.

To this day I continue to look for repeats of my 'good fortune' and in April I became a shareholder in XPE - that is quadruple that of my initial stake in NST and at a quarter of the price.
    Am I guaranteed the same level of repeated success that I had with NST? Of course not.

However there are many things that I like about Xped including their technology, business model, balance sheet, cash burn rate and the obvious potential of the IOT sector in which they operate and are attempting to standardise. But most of all (and similarly to NST) I am attracted to the quality, experience and integrity of management thus far and the fact that they invented their own tech. and have major skin in the game. This is in stark contrast to the many Sydney spivs in their suits who in reality do nothing but shuffle corporate deck chairs for a living while sapping and spending investors' hard-earned.

So there you have it T10. Your opinion of me 'Going like that you will not get too far.... and you know it' is like water off a ducks back and a moot point. In fact since you've been posting on the XPE threads, you've demonstrated to the HC community a couple of things that I'd like to point out;

1. You worship a guy who has some deep insecurities in my opinion, referring to him as 'Masta' as though he is a Jedi knight (although Darth Vader is probably a better description). This suggests that you have some insecurities of your own that you may want to deal with at some stage.

2. I've noticed that some of your past analysis has proven to be incorrect and as a serial chartist you fail to consider three of the most important elements in 101 wealth accumulation - those being quality of MANAGEMENT, the underlying FUNDAMENTALS and LETTING YOUR PROFITS RUN. Also identifying the losers and cutting losses through fundamental analysis (as opposed to broken trend lines which are often misleading) can be hard work, but well worth it in the end.

Yet far too many do the exact opposite, at least in my experience. That is they buy the dream without doing their due diligence, ignoring the warning signs such as questionable management and an unsustainable business models - exiting their winners and mistakenly following the "you never go broke taking a profit" mantra - and holding on to their losers "just until I get back what I paid for them".

To make matters worse, both yourself, madmacs and the many other 'experienced' chameleons who travel in packs to suit and enhance their position have no care for the lives or welfare of other members of the investing community - particularly the inexperienced investor - other than the shameful attempts to rid them of their shares to exacerbate the 'dump', or encouraging them to buy more when you're ready to 'pump' the crap out of something.

So whilst you're OUT of XPE please spare us from your negatively biased 'expert' opinion and go play in another sandpit with your 'Masta'.

Just like the character in my profile pic, myself and other experienced hands on this forum are well equipped to deal with any BS that you and your 'Masta' may attempt in an effort to either discredit those who closely follow Xped the company, or influence others out of their long term positions.

All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.835M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30000 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.5¢ 1524 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.