OAK 1.43% 7.1¢ oakridge international limited

madmacs - thanks for your helpful update on the TA. Even I was...

1. 13,430 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2627
    madmacs - thanks for your helpful update on the TA. Even I was able to understand it this time!

But madmacs, well might you 'duck' as you have just insulted most of the forum here in almost the same way that SaberX did!

A couple of responses:

You said "The elephant in the room was the incredibly high number of thumbs up that supported @elphamales terrific post"

So why, exactly, is strong support for elphamale's post the 'elephant in the room'? In other words, how and why is it THE risk that everyone is too fearful to talk about? That just does not make sense.

And then you opined that "the numbers of thumbs are based on insecurity......and do make supporters of the stock vulnerable to manipulation.....by big pockets"

That's just rubbish! The number of thumbs is just an abstraction. The number is based on the separate responses of non-colluding individuals. Hardly a conspiracy of comfort! I for one am not influenced in any way by what others do or do not do. If I think someone has made a good post (strong argument, insightful, funny, clever etc) I will give it a thumb - irrespective of whether or not it already has no posts, 10 posts or two hundred. Simple as that. So I would think that most others would behave in the same way. To suggest otherwise - that we are all being led by a psychological need to be in a comfort zone (as distinct from being sensible and prudent) and therefore much more likely to give a thumb to a post that is already popular - is a huge stretch. It's wrong - and insulting to boot.

You also wrote:

"My point of all this is the strength of numbers being the purely subjective/emotionally driven and not a Technical Trading approach with Charts....whats with this phenomenal number of thumbs up ,if not indicating an emotional relief after the recent price retrace?.........Its pretty shallow in my view"

Again, your assumptions are incorrect. The majority of commentators here have been set from the RYG days and are hardly going to require "emotional relief" because their 300-500% gain has been reduced to 100-300%! Most accept and understand the gyrations anyway. Maybe a few (inexperienced punters who bought at the highs) require "emotional relief" but they will hardly constitute the majority of those who thumbed elpha's post.

I thumbed it because I thought elpha made a strong and clear argument. I accept your right to challenge elpha's conclusions and accept that you may be more correct in your interpretation of the charts but I totally reject your assertion that I (and others) thumbed elpha's post for "emotional relief". I don't need that. And clearly, based on the posts here, many others would feel the same.

I've been around long enough to know that emotion or 'romance' play no part in investing - that it is or should only be based on due diligence. Once I sense cracks in management, the efficacy of the tech or ability to monetise it, I will be out like a shot. So far, I have no such concerns. Quite the contrary.

I reckon many here feel the same. And that, in my view, is the essential basis of the high number of thumbs - not the pathetic need for, as you put it, "emotional relief".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.1¢
Change
0.001(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $1.917M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 7.1¢ 7.1¢ $25 348

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 29911 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.5¢ 182500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.01pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.