OAK 0.00% 7.0¢ oakridge international limited

strength in numbers, page-87

1. 974 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Hi SaberX ,

Yes , Your right about the pros having an advantage over the Mum & Dad retail investors,
    some just placing money into their favorite stocks & hoping for the best.

I own my own business & decided to try trading as I had time to watch the market for up
    to 6 hours a day & read all the HC posts & get ideas on stocks etc.
    Previously I was placing funds into superannuation but was not happy with performance & money
    tied up till you reach 60 years old - so trading & investing for me is to build a nest egg.
    I started with little knowledge & still consider myself a beginner trader but have learned most
    of what I need to know through trial & error using real money. I think human nature (greed ,
    fear , impatience , bad capital management, no stop loss etc cause losing trades.

I now trade/hold more slowly & carefully , with only 3 stocks , using hand drawn charts.
    This approach is working for me , If I can continue to build capital fantastic , If the market
    dives & everything goes pear shaped I will pull out & preserve capital.

I will never try to be a full time trader as you would need to continually take capital
    out of the market to live on , I think you would need to have say $500 k to trade with
    & have 5 years of successful trading behind you to attempt it.

How about your good self are you trading full or part time ?

GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.