Hi CazIt is a struggle, and it is a Life Sentence.I really...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    Hi Caz
    It is a struggle, and it is a Life Sentence.
    I really struggle to find an interest in my life without her. I have not done anything really for over 18 months now.
    I struggle to find inspiration for my art, and the big colourful paintings are now gone. Looking back I was happy then, and excited about my future.
    I had so looked forward to all the things we had shared, to continue same and was so very excited about our time together.With me in semi retirement verging on full time retirement, I would have so much more time to be with her. She had her own interests of course, but also shared many with me.

I have my little dog to care for now, and what a great companion she is.She loves the country life, and has dug a few holes, one has become a tunnel alongside the rose beds, but I dont mind, it makes her delirously happy.

The foray into Macro photography is one of those things I had put off during my working life that I intended to pursue in retirement.
    I had been eyeing off the macro lenses, but at $1500 for a 100mm,and similar for a 180mm, I decided I should really get to know what my Canon EOS 400d was capable of. There is a 65mm macro lense extensively quoted as a good starting point at $900. But I can achieve better results with the 18-55mm lense, non macro.
    Doing research on good Macro sites atm, plus they suggest the 18-55mm is a really mediocre lense, and the 65mm is not much better. there is an AUS website with a 180mm lense for around $500 as suggested by some of the macro gurus, so I may go there.Spring coming soon so more ops for subjects.

It is really just a diversion from my bored existence.
    Also I have very few insects in my garden (feeding the wild birds seems to keep insects to a minimal)I am not that keen to go bush for hours waiting to snap an insect, so truthfuly I cannot warrant spending thousands on equipment.

I actually fixed my old Olympus OM2 (the mirror had jammed)
    so I may venture back to photograph the race horses, as in the past. $10 for a 24 film, and $24 + processing, is vastly different to taking hundreds of digital snaps for free.
    have a look at some of the magical photos of insects that I would aspire to here.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidgn/3589418635/in/set-72157617965946647/
    kind regards
    Kincella

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.