QFX 0.00% 0.1¢ quickflix limited

strong build up on the buy side, page-91

1. 1,090 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    I welcome any opinion on a stock I'm in Stweeve, especially ones that are different to mine. Like I said originally, the worst thing about small caps on HC is the herd mentality that guys get swept up in and the back slapping that goes on with every movement up or down in price.

Netflix moving into Australia is the major risk to Quickflix right now and the foreseeable future. I've already said I don't think Foxtel or the FTA television channels have the right service in place and will cling to "old" media until they are finished.

Right now Quickflix offers an almost identical service to Netflix, the only difference being content. I think management understands this and is doing everything they can to get licences in place for online streaming.

I think getting Aussie content would be a big step forward, and could at least provide a potential barrier to entry for Netflix if they decided to move into Australia. As much as our television has been Americanised, we still watch plenty of Aussie shows (mostly the reality crap, but whatever). Get that on Quickflix and things are looking rosy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.