EMN 1.96% 5.0¢ euro manganese inc

"Yeah close the plant down when the wind doesn't blow."You've...

1. 270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    "Yeah close the plant down when the wind doesn't blow."

You've heard, I hope, of energy storage? You know... those big tesla things you have in Australia. The other half of the renewable energy equation?

Yes wind power is susceptible to lulls in the wind. Of course it is. But you store when the wind's blowing, and use those reserves when it's not. As this alone may not be enough, there are a range of other clean energy sources available. And as the transition away from fossil fuels gathers pace, these will become more available. It's early days yet. Meanwhile, we're dependent upon the fossil fuel markets, especially gas, and unpleasant states like Russia. High energy prices in Europe are because of high gas and oil prices, not renewables....

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2021/10/28/why-europe-s-energy-prices-are-soaring-and-could-get-much-worse

You seem to make a direct connection between high energy prices and renewables. Knee jerk, uninformed reaction stuff.

As an aside, plenty of companies, especially startups and not just miners, across the UK and Europe (and the US) are gearing up to run solely on renewables. Do a little reading.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $10.77M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.0¢ $25.07K 494.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 193600 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 76961 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.44pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.