CTO 11.1% 0.5¢ citigold corporation limited

Below I've picked out a couple of announcements by the...

1. 568 Posts.
    Below I've picked out a couple of announcements by the management of this company that clearly imply significant production increases when the power upgrade was complete. They do not say that the power upgrade will merely accelerate development, they clearly imply that it will impact production

The management deliberately raised the hopes of investors by using a spiel about the convergence of 3 events that would show dramatic effects. These were first and foremost, the power upgrade. Then more mining staff would be employed, and operating hours lifted to 24/7. Thirdly underground equipment would be upgraded. All these improvements have occurred over a Quarter ago.

The June 2008 Qtrly report stated that in spite of a mill motor failure affecting the June Qtr's production, the fy 2008 annual production achieved was 17,497 ozs, which averages to 4,374 0zs per Qtr. Keep that figure in mind. That was the average Qtrly production before any of the power, labour, or equipment upgrades were in effect - 4,374 ozs.

We all know that September Qtrly's production was less than 4,374 ozs, being 3,960 ozs. Now find8 reports back that we can expect rates of:

1,300 ozs in Dec '08 = 3,900 ozs for Dec Qtr,

1,500 ozs in Mar '09 = 4,500 ozs for Mar Qtr

2,000 ozs in June '09 = 6,000 ozs for June Qtr

3,000 ozs in Sept '09 = 9,000 ozs for Sept Qtr

So in the Sept Qtr 2009 we can expect 9,000 ozs of production compared to average qtrly production a year earlier of 4,374 ozs. After one year that has been the dramatic effect of the "convergence" of upgrade factors upon production of gold.

Following from here are two of the spin announcements. There are others, these are just the first two that I came across:

ASX announcement 18 August 2008

" . . by Thursday 21 August 2008. The power upgrade
    to the mine will then be complete.
    The power at the Charters Towers Warrior mine has
    been the major impediment to achieving planned mine
    production.
    This upgrade will be a significant boost to
    operational efficiencies and coupled with the increase in
    operating time will help to increase gold production from the Warrior operations"

June 2008 Quarterly Report

"Power Shortage.
    " . . electric power shortage meant that available equipment and drills could not be used simultaneously, a key factor in the slow growth in production since operations began. . . .
    . . . The end of the Quarter saw the commencement of the removal of the major impediment to growing gold production – the electric powerline works to upgrade the supply to the Charters Towers Warrior mine"

(bold emphases are my additions)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.001(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $15M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $20.50K 4.553M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 13896816 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 8582633 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.22pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.