QFX 0.00% 0.1¢ quickflix limited

strong downward pressure, page-13

1. 553 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    I'll admit that I'm disappointed in how the SP has turned out but the company has not deter much from what was originally presented in their road map about a year ago (roughly the time when the PS3 announcement was made). Back then the company said it was committing roughly 60% of this year's budget to marketing and building its brand. I've mentioned this in my very early post.

Many here talk about illegal downloads and how it'll chew away QFX's share of the pie. You guys must be extremely patient or what. I work in the IT industry and I find it a hassle to search, filter and validate through what is 'real and whats not. Frankly speaking $30/mth is a small price to pay for that 'validation' service if you would like to call it. 3 pints of beer on a Friday evening would cover the cost.

Next there is mention of competition from bigger names. The way things are playing out at the moment between Google (YouTube) and Apple, it seems like they've got bigger fishes to fry, especially in the mobile platform. Should a big name decide to enter the Australian IPTV landscape it'll be through an acquisition or JV rather than attempting to reinvent the wheel. Who best to capitalise on this opportunity ;)

In regards to comments about content exclusivity I highly recommend posters read up on 'AOL Time Warner' the greatest merger in the media industry. Even with FetchTV for a potential customer its not just purchasing a setup box but also requiring to sign up for a 2yr broadband contract with them.

In this game the more touch points the better as it offers scalability resulting in accessibility of various market segments. Finally DYOR, everyone has their opinions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.