JLL 4.92% 32.0¢ jindalee lithium limited

I hear what President Biden states but I am not convinced as the...

1. 75 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20

I hear what President Biden states but I am not convinced as the say in the US (greetings from Miami) that obtaining the adequate mining permits will be "a piece of cake". It must be remembered that the new Secretary of Interior is the first Native American heading this organization which is very influential in the West.
    From The New York Times: The Lithium Gold Rush: Inside the Race to Power Electric Vehicles

"A race is on to produce lithium in the United States, but competing projects are taking very different approaches to extracting the vital raw material. Some might not be very green."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/06/business/lithium-mining-race.html?smid=em-share

In the recent past, I mentioned in this space the risks facing Lithium America with surrounding communities in Nevada regarding perceived water usage as well as the use of sulfuric acid. The NYT attached article goes into greater depth regarding these treacherous waters that eventually Jindale must also navigate. Under the Biden administration permitting process, future mining projects may be forced to use new extractive technologies. Regarding Lithium sources, the NYT's article is incomplete because it does not mention Sedentary clay as a new source of Battery grade material.

Towards the end of the article, Lilac Solutions is mentioned. It has developed a technology based on Ionic exchange which has been used for many years for water filtration. This company was initially supported with a $20 million by Gates as detailed below:

The first Lithium company to pilot test the Lilac technology with success is Lake Resources (LKE/ASX) which owns a huge Brine Lithium resource in the Argentinian Altiplano. This positions LKE in an enviable position for the future.(Full disclosure, I own a position since last year). Aside from Brine, Ionic exchange appears to also work with the Sedentary Lithium clay. Thus, if JRL can follow a similar technological path, its Lithium would have a competitive advantage vs Lithium America.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JLL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
32.0¢
Change
0.015(4.92%)
Mkt cap ! $19.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
31.0¢ 32.0¢ 30.5¢ $22.92K 72.13K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 25991 31.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
32.0¢ 1 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
JLL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.