Just for clarification my firm is negative on Australian...

1. 241 Posts.
    Just for clarification my firm is negative on Australian property as a part of our investment portfolio in 2015. I don't take sides. I just so the research and report what I find out and the let them make their own decisions.

Of course many people have made great gains in Australian property the past 10 years and that is fantastic for them. I feel good for you/ them. If you are buying this year as an investment however you'd best think about where and for how long you can take income losses should what is happening in Perth et all spread to Sydney and Melbourne.

Just as the Australian banks were overpriced in April some (and many are saying still are) people have lost their heads a little especially where I live in Sydney. But then this is about Melbourne right. Sorry to get off topic. Who am I to question Domain. I am just a simple research analyst for a hedge fund and Australia is a not a popular place for overseas investors in my line of work right now - in just about any asset class.

In the end, if you are talking Australia - its all 100% well and truly about China.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.