EQN 1.82% 27.0¢ equinox resources limited.

strong takeover target

1. 9,507 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 661
    Hi everyone,

I have been saying this for a while and the writing for this company is on the wall.

It will be taken-over imho and more and more articles saying the same.
    Following is another article from the Canadian sides.

Good luck to all and lets hope that we can make at least the $10 before the predator(s) make its move.

jojo

Equinox draws closer to production and becomes a target
    With Equinox Minerals Inc. (EQN/TSX) drawing closer to production, the company is starting to look more and more like a takeover target, according to Blackmont analyst George Topping.

Equinox is expected to start commissioning at its 100%-owned Lumwana project in Zambia by the second quarter of 2008 and is fast becoming less dilutive to cash flow per share for an acquiring company, Mr. Topping said in a note to clients, maintaining his "buy" rating and $5.25 price target on the stock.

The Lumwana mine is expected to produce an average of 169,000 tonnes per year of copper metal contained in concentrates for the first 6 years of its 37 year mine life, according to the company website and also hosts significant near-term uranium potential.

Mr. Topping said that First Quantum Minerals Inc., Freeport-McMoran Copper and Gold Inc. and Vedanta Resources plc are among the potential suitors who may be interested in Equinox with all three companies having substantial copper deposits in Zambia.

David Pett

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EQN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.82%)
Mkt cap ! $33.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.5¢ 27.5¢ 27.0¢ $17.21K 63.03K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3773 26.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.5¢ 36361 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.45am 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EQN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.