AEB 0.00% $2.57 affinity energy and health limited

C'mon, dolce, get real.Australian innovation tends to get bought...

1. 5,488 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2176
    C'mon, dolce, get real.

Australian innovation tends to get bought up overseas when it *works*. Foreign investors see more value in them than Australians do, so they pay a premium and the inventors sell out. We've all seen examples of that. Yes, Australian innovation does often get bought up by overseas investors. ***that's not what happened to the biofuel companies!*** They went broke.

If it goes broke it's generally because it doesn't work or isn't very good. AEB have claimed they have a method of producing oil equivalent to crude at half the cost, all they need to do is show that proof to someone other than themselves and they'll have all the funding they need, and a lot more on top; how many companies would desperately want to invest in that? If they have enough trial work done to make the claim they are able to prove it to others. The same would no doubt have been true of the other biofuel companies. If this hasn't been done, why not?

If you want to make the silly implication that the previous biofuel companies referred to went broke because of an unfavourable investment climate, and not because of poor management and/or technology, why would that bode anything but poorly for AEB? If you blame the climate rather than the company, isn't that basically to say that AEB is likely to fail even if the technology and management are good? (no, I don't for a moment agree with any of that).

Are you seriously trying to imply that the deal to become a manufacturer of algae food is a "reliable" source of income? It's something they only came out with recently, it's something surely even a very optimistic person would have to describe as extremely speculative rather than reliable, and how soon do you think it will be bringing in revenue, let alone be cashflow positive? Care to make a prediction? I'll guess (and that's all it is, a guess, but I'll be happy to revisit the prediction down the track) no revenue for at least a year and probably two (if ever) and never cashflow positive (though if funding is done via SPP and other capital raising it may still be enough to keep the company solvent - I'm not saying the company will become insolvent). These things take time and AEB isn't exactly sitting on a great track record for punctuality.

Please correct me on anything I have wrong or that I've missed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.