Oh well what an absolute clown show of an election.It was...

1. 710 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 200
    Oh well what an absolute clown show of an election.

It was amusing to watch! Independents circus!

One thing covid did to Australia was to expose the fact that our current political system does not work. Having so many premiers with so many powers means we work, at best, as seemingly united states of Australia, and even then it is debated, and not a country. WA and Victoria have been thinking about declaring independence, but we wont even go into that.

I dont understand why we are so afraid of China invading and taking over whereas we ourselves cannot have one centralized homogenous source of political power and get along with it

So now, rather than thinking that this doesn't work, should we decide to evolve and become a republic, we thought we are not divisive enough yet, so what do we do? we decide to go back to medieval times when countries were run by community representatives and local war lords. That way community voices will be heard right?

Imagine, we have 151 electoral districts in this country and if they were all run by independents, after all it will only be fair if your community voices were to be heard mine were also heard by my local friendly tribal leader!

151 electoral districts! nothing to be sneezed at! It wont be a government it will be a fish market

Stupidity doesnt have a tail and two horns. It was labour that introduced super mining tax folks, it was labour that introduced carbon tax, yet where do they win? In mining states!

The people who voted for labour were the same ones that collected job digger, job keeper, job seeker and the such, same ones that benefited from tax cuts, they were the same ones that when comrade Dan Andrews and Anastasia Palache were declaring shut downs and lock downs these folks were complaining they are too depressed and too broke and wanted to get out and about!

Yet they vote labour because they think labour [ you read unions] is going to fix their anti corruption and their flood problem

God help us, the country is being run by labour folk now, buckle up and prepare for higher inflation, they plan to spend $250 billion from somewhere into the economy and they have a PhD in lock downs and higher taxes so it will be very interesting few years. My humble prediction is higher unemployment, a massive budget deficit, higher taxes and rampant inflation and they will blame it all on previous government

In terms of stocks I will seriously start thinking about selling everything except for energy and gold.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.