I think that if you look at the multiple links between CLY, QNL,...

1. 213 Posts.
    I think that if you look at the multiple links between CLY, QNL, EUC, Cadence (these guys all know one another) it's unlikely that there was any fighting.

CLY once aware of the priority claims probably either sought out or were contacted by the relevant party. They were probably offered and then rejected the Leogang/Nockelberg project given the amount of further dilution to CLY holders required to make it happen (there are big names all over the CLY T20). The vendor may also have been insistent on the inclusion of the gold projects in the deal (CLY have a battery metal focus). The whole thing was probably then passed over to QNL which had the ideal capital structure (low SOI, very low market cap and a willingness to dilute) to take it on. I would think that it's very unlikely that QNL swooped in at the last moment to take it all away from CLY.

I think that once CLY finds another project, in a different jurisdiction, that their Austrian tenements may be dealt over to QNL. From what I understand CLY now has a set of tenements with very little or no historical data which will make the exploration process more costly and lower probability. Although CLY may end up doing some preliminary work just to ensure that they're not missing something big, QNL has the advantage of the historical mines/mineralised outcrops and, in conjunction with its intended exploration at Leogang/Nockelberg, will end up being better placed to explore those tenements in the future. It also has the Gratlspitz project to the west that sits on the same geological formation (more data). So maybe a JV with QNL as the explorer?

Fwiw, I've plotted the QNL projects on the best geological map that I could find. It isn't millimetre perfect and fairly makeshift given the poor quality of the QNL maps; just to broadly help me with my research in the absence of anything else being forthcoming from QNL (The cobalt projects are in bright green and the gold projects in bright yellow both grouped on the left side of the map).

QNL_map.jpg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.