STT Weekend Lounge 28-30 Aug 2015, page-81

1. 2,796 Posts.
    Mate, that makes two of us in the 27 club. Can't claim the 40 on the inside, although the the body feels like 40 at times. An ACL reconstruction at 23 will do that to you...

I'm also proud to say I have joined the married club as of Monday! Bit sooner than I'd planned - the dear old US customs department sped the process up a little.

Turns out a kiwi who's just spent months moving around South American after spending 6 months in the U.S. on a tourist visa looks like a coke smuggler. Got detained for hours, phone and computer confiscated and searched...thank Jesus I managed to avoid any latex gloves and a cavity search...

Sweet talked my way out of a deportation but had my visa reduced from a year to less than a month - bastards! No joke, they couldn't understand how, as a young lad, I could have funded myself for so long in the country without either a) working illegally or b) drug smuggling or participating in other forms of illegal crime. Turns out immigration officials aren't the best at grasping the whole trading concept.

Was either start packing my bags, or finally sack up and drop the knee, something that's always scared the bejesus out of me (let's just say I'd become accustomed to "variety" in my years as a single lad).

Id known the lass for over 5 years though, so was probably time to stop pissing about. Been living off trading since leaving Aussie, which has actually gone far better than I thought it would - a $40k pay cheque in a week from AZK helps make for a good start (probably the best I'll ever get). Will be nice to have some certainty now, although will take some adjusting moving from the "#YOLO" lifestyle.

Anyway, hope everyone's enjoying their weekend. I'm off for a few margaritas with buddies to celebrate my new life sentence. Have a good one folks.
    Last edited by Toxxxic: 29/08/15

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.