STT Weekend Lounge June 23-25, page-44

1. 3,529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    No, and I havn't seen any listed here either, although @techmiester (@Techmeister) may know better.

However, I could extrapolate a little by suggesting that SYT is becoming one for Verizon with regard to V's sponsored data management, especially if the CSP is completing all s.d. functions for V's new Oath platform being launched later in the year. But even still, it's not quite using the DaaS concept as normally considered, even if there are parallels.

Your question is a good one considering the growth of data and the influence it will have on many sectors, like the retail industry mentioned above. It will be far more efficient for most medium retailers to outsource their data needs, so DaaS can only grow, an probably quite significantly. FullMoonFever's video above showing the trading data centres is an indication of the growth in general, just in one area.

Here's another frightening statistic: by 2020, it will take an individual 5 million years to watch all the digital video available. In short, data is the word, and every relevant business user will need to consider their approach.

A bakery will be able to bake based on big data's menu choice, so to speak.

Now pass me the remote, there's a good science fiction show about to screen in Italy, in lingua originale, and my new AT&T subscription can do it for me, data sponsored of course, for completing their survey on watching European films from abroad.

Emphasis on fiction...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.