STTrading weekend thread 06 and 07 July 2024, page-7

1. 17,285 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    A good topic that can go in depth to the stock being traded .My brian fuzz is not quite up to it tonight but being as a topic ive bought up before in isin numbers what they all mean etc . Co relates

Im drinking gin of all products with tonic away from my usual staple of rum so im not at all tuned to mthinking about much at all !

Can we explain the volume difference between the markets ?

My thought's are that price will will equalise at the start of market and end of market to prevent arbitrage trades taking place to close to the market price in different markets on a normal day of trading . ie no market sensitive news etc .

Or they are taken at this time very quickly by electronic trading ie bots Which makes the price action distorted to volume over a day . if That makes sense ?

The market operators may also do this themselves interfere in the price of stocks when an arbitrages is taking place as some markets overlap this may not be obvious but weekend market times or markets who close during the day for lunch could have a different effect on the price of a stock .

Your making my brian hurt with thios question when i start to look at fundamentals of what can happen to different stocks etc being duel listed even down to if they are stocks or cdi instruments etc etc

Which can have escrowed capital attached to them for the volume that maybe traded . I don't know whether to kiss you or kick you @Kangagirl for getting this function to happen but the free float of the instrument can have effects on the action of stocks etc

Volume is always one that does my head in an makes it hurt . I'm in two which require fundamentals to do with volume and require me to do so now . Or just follow the price action and to hell with the volume . mmm

https://www.asx.com.au/blog/listed-at-asx/pros-and-cons-of-dual-listings

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.