STTrading weekend thread 13-14th January 2024, page-17

1. 1,775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 231
    Nothing much going on, stating the obvious U strong and Au not bad.

Taking our queue from Harry the huntsman, the new man in the team, has a very high kill ratio, probably 9 out of 10 times he initiates a cockroach chase he is successful, show me a human trader mouthing a 90% success rate and I’ll show you and exercise in BS. He is very particular in his engagement, let’s many a cockroach just wander past, something amiss with the kill set up, but when he decides to ‘go’ a very high probability of outcome indeed.

Not a bad trading lesson, long term strategies are maintained by high certainty of outcomes, whatever your strategy is.

Been watching CLG for months, took a position about 2 months ago and got out a few weeks latter for about 5%, didn’t look right, timing wrong. 1st half FY23/24 4D approaching, motivation for 2nd attack is the 1st 4D reflecting 100% contribution of ISP Tek, not sure the market appreciates this.

Other than that just holding a few U opens, few other stocks not doing much but did add to WAF during the week.
    Unhedged, resource stellar & growing, trading at multiples discount to peers (sovereign risk I assume).

Would harry go WAF? He doesn’t take part in forecasting meetings, more a no nonsense ‘take note of what I do not what I say’ type, hanging around with Frank he doesn't suffer fools and has quite a disdain for the mammals in the garage and their incessant emotional noise so guess time will tell.

BH & Lads in garage have Malaga in thoughts.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.