That exchange between the BH & Daughter on principles during the...

1. 1,783 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 236
    That exchange between the BH & Daughter on principles during the week has some positive takeaways for the boys in observation.

Being mother and daughter they have been going at it for years but the scorecard (win / loss argument ratios) heavily in favour of the BH, the exchange usually ends in a frustrated sulk in her bedroom for the daughter with the BH relaxing with a nice wine on the verandah feeling no pain, maybe a ciggy if she smoked.

The daughter a smart little cookie, the BH’s equal in intelligence but as exchange escalates from conversation to argument, she becomes emotional about the subject, the BH being a practiced lawyer understands the subject is of little value all about the outcome of argument (the trade?), she finds strength and clarity thru detachment from emotion to deliver the more logical / rational argument and win the day. There seems to be a lesson there somewhere, especially if you trade the speccy end.

Talking about high probability of outcome at small end not seeing much, took a position in a junior coal producer other week that is going OK, also entered AVH which is doing nothing, really like SKS, daughter holds but lads don’t, reminds me of DTL or DUG years ago, made a lot of money on DTL and convinced myself SKS a high quality capital accumulation play over time, MC currently < 100m could easily see 1 billion in 5 years, just need to take a position.

Have not panicked, still long (but reduced) Au & U and using ETF’s for exposure to AI and holding a few others. the percieved inflation monster holding Au back, bloody FED talking about desired rate within 2 to 3%, currently 3.4?. Looking at historical rates over last 50 years or so, can understand 3% but 2 is an anomaly surely especially if you back out the covid years. FED is just a bunch of old white guys, sooner they are bred out the better, if you listen to the ABC OWG's just oscillate from one disaster to another.

Just finished up the current Gov contract and before I was out of the building got offered another one. Want to do some other stuff but discussed with the BH and both agreed will put in an outrageous cost budget and see what happens, if they tell me to piss off so be it. They accepted so looks like Frank is about to enter ‘hibo’ on a fairly solid pay rate courtesy of the state government, girls have changed his straw and spoiling him with quality pellet so the little bloke feeling no pain retiring into the log for the ‘long slow dance’.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.