Putting my trading hat on, when I think of TA I think scans not...

1. 1,845 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 244
    Putting my trading hat on, when I think of TA I think scans not necessarily charts.

Lot of people I know just have a WL full of supposed quality stocks and watch those, don’t scan but as someone here once said most stocks are busy doing nothing for 80% of the year so the trading hat demands a more direct approach.

Being a contrarian like prolonged downtrends with short term MACD turning positive with daily trans volume > $150,000 or ASX300 only, don’t want to spend your life looking at speccy lifestyle shite, only after 5% on large trans. also like growth pullback to 70%, most people settle on 2 or 3 daily scans that are proven over time that align with their strategy whatever that may be.

Run them daily if home, flick the results to our FA department for the ok, Eck just looks at latest 4C/4D for revenues (trends) and gross profitability then quick look at the market leaders in segment to understand what sector ratios (MC to Rev etc) they run at, then compare, then take it from there, either disregard or spend bit more time in the 4C/4D asking a few questions.

Sometimes simple is best, less is more so to speak, to overcomplicate things just an excuse to exercise the ‘inner tosser’, although most females on the forum would probably agree most males don’t need an excuse, more a DNA thing.

Just noticed PLS popped up on most scans, great qtrly, LIT etf finding support but price of Li still in downtrend, watch don’t buy (yet), noticed they have negotiated higher future off take prices with few of their major customers leveraging supply certainty.

Trying to minimize time involved with market and few trusted scans good component to do it.

I see collaborations largely an expression of FA not TA, the quality must be there in way of stellar tune, Great song, the ‘boys’ banished to backing vocals

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.