Further to my post.... Will we see more activity from the...

1. 10,933 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 897
    Further to my post....
    Will we see more activity from the brokers/ advisor's??
    Given the stagnation in good deals, the deluge of capital raises, I can see how many will need to jump-start the market in an effort to lift turnover/ volume. A lot of folk are stuck in placements and activity in specs that have not generated returns. If there's a whiff of recession, the money movers are going to have to crank the music up so the smart ones can get off.
    We were spoilt by the crazy conditions during covid lock downs and I feel we are still to see the hangover.
    Certainly, an interesting year ahead, with also a heightened possibility of shareholder activism where the snouts in the trough may feel the sting of a big stick.
    For my part....I haven't been in a placement for yonks, I haven't been presented with any compelling arguments to drop a fist full of coin at an hours notice, I'm far happier buying on market, preying on the weak and impatient. Also, I have a far lower tolerance of stocks and their management, who cannot act in the interests of their owners/ employers.... yes, as a shareholder, you are an employer of the board. There is no excuse at all for not voting or acting upon decisions made by boards. I'll happily voice my displeasure to a director or other holders....if it's a lost cause, I'll simply sell and wait for another bus, this market will crucify anyone carrying a dream on what is basically a turd with a minimal chance of amounting to anything....
    Again, an interesting but tough year ahead....the quick and nimble with survive....dreamers will be dusted.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.