International Securities Identification Numbers Removing the ASX...

1. 17,256 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    International Securities Identification Numbers Removing the ASX Code

Way back in 2013 they were changing the way codes were for the new world of trading .

Did we complain ?

Know we didn't know .

Or didn't know what it would mean anyway .

Its a new market with new mechanism's .

If you have a buy sell depth you can do that to your needs .

The control on that may have changed with computer's and points of sale ie half point increments in cents but the overall volume is there to trade in many stocks .

Say if we were looking at depths in trades .

The after market auction is a place where many cannot understand myself included where this all happens as well .

A smaller cap say stock will only garner a little depth in the after market auction . ie three maybe four lines of stock where as a bigger cap say like cba will garner the full page of the depth to be traded and what the secondary market sees as well .

I watched this with Yal today in the after market auction an the trades during the day .

Is interesting to say the least in the scheme of things does it effect your own trading?

https://www.asx.com.au/documents/public-consultations/ISIN_consultation_paper.pdf

This is what you have compete with in time frame of the market !

bot.png

Bots or trades being placed were possibly ten cents out of the market last price being placed in the auction both buy and sell . Possibly just inside rules as the after market is the devils playground where trades are different to the normal market .

I seen trades go through during the day of over half million dollars never show in the depth of the market just showed up in course of sales .

But anyway sometimes i capture windows of the after market to try and understand it .In the split second i still don't !

Its an auction an if you place the highest bid you are allowed it will still buy it imo

The price you get it at though i have no idea .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.