I agree Roberter, It's not Australian to own your success, we...

1. 1,756 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 131
    I agree Roberter, It's not Australian to own your success, we tend to cut anyone down who is successful and has the temerity to actual speak out proudly about it. ( No comment about the boys to men comment..rolleyes.png)

I do think it's important for any new traders to know that although there is a large percentage, somewhere in the 90% of traders who fail, I do think it comes down to who you are as a person, wether you are tenacious enough to keep going, despite failing time and time again.
    Trading is like a craft like carpentry....you can only learn to do it by doing it!!

My trading journey is similar to a lot of traders, My granny and my Mum both traded and spoke a lot about it as I was growing up, My Dad traded as well, although he was more a buy and hold for the dividends type.We had a family broker and I went to meetings with my Dad. I learnt the power of cutting dead wood from your portfolio from him. When I turned 18 I started building my trading account with the family broker and I still have some of those shares..
    2016 I wanted to be more hands on and wanted to learn TA.
    I made a lot from buy and hold and am now making a little from my TA short term and intra day trading. I don't want to do it as a business or full time occupation, I don't want to stare at a screen that much, I just love knowing I can do it, I feel like I've conquered something that is incredibly simple, yet very difficult at the same time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.