Re the question:I started trading in 2017, during my first year...

1. 2,741 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Re the question:

I started trading in 2017, during my first year of uni studying applied finance. My first trade was in AVH at 15c to 55c over couple weeks. Was truly blind luck, I liked the company fundamentals and just happened to trade it while the TA was hot. I traded for next 3 years with small but decent results using my scholarship money and lived off my centrelink youth allowance for expenses. Young and dumb I guess considering I rented on campus by myself. I was lucky to join an exclusive golf club during uni and met a lot of retired investment managers & investment bankers to offer advice and help. I first started making good gains after the COVID crash, where anything with a pulse made gains. My best buy was in afterpay at $12.

I then started my grad program at ANZ in 2021 and switched to short-term investing due to having to work during market hours. Like most, I saw huge gains with lithium and REE during time.

Around August last year, I was able to quit and dive into this full-time focusing on short-term trading US market and some day-trading on ASX. Great results so far, some recent huge wins have been NVIDA, Meta and shopify.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.