STU 0.00% 94.0¢ stuart petroleum limited

Todays announcement from STU, whilst being a little irratatingly...

1. 13,963 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1047
    Todays announcement from STU, whilst being a little irratatingly boastful said an awful lot positive about STU, and their priorities.

Making money out of the oil in leaner times is requires competiveness, as in any other business, and those times will return, even if only via the rising cost of acreage access. STU clearly understands this. Furthermore regardless that today the oil price makes it quite easy (although GOG,ITC,RPM,VPE,INP etc yet to make a dollar profit in the Cooper.

STU are striving hard for competiveness, to do better. Getting drilling turnaround down over 30% seems pretty impressive to me. Their focus on efficient use of capital, cost reduction, value adding, getting discoveries into production quickly, and importantly building technical capability, all adds up IMO to a very promising future. These guy's aren't waiting for some lucky strike.

Also what better may of getting cheap access to new acreage today, than being able to offer something, in STU's case to be able to apply a low cost exploration, development and production model. Someday all these "two geo and a dog" oilers are going to have to compete against the likes of STU, in actually making a dollar, or inviting the likes of STU to assist them to extract value from their wonderful (but underperforming, overpromised) assets.

Someday one of the brokers, or independent analysts, are going to come around to liking the ugly duckling, but there will be no shares to buy, it is tightly held, never been heavily traded. Meanwhile I am very satisfied with recent rerating, as a taster.

Entropylord

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.