OEL 7.69% 1.2¢ otto energy limited

Are you in the drilling game?What techniques applicable to the...

1. 6,354 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 103
    Are you in the drilling game?

What techniques applicable to the current situation do you think may have marched forward in the last 10 years?

Surely with the San Isidro drilling history at their fingertips, and already getting the string stuck once in Duhat-1 at the "known stuck zone", they would have applied these "modern drilling techniques" in sidetrack-1 so as to avoid another stuck string.

The longer a string is stuck, the more stuck it becomes, and sidetracking only gives it another way to get stuck (keyhole)...I await the daily bulletin for the 19th...perhaps we move to S/T-3 after losing another bit and BHA.

BTW, the two most popular methods for freeing a stuck string are "jars" (invented in 1840 and refined by the 1870's), and surface resonant vibrators (designed in the 1940's and refined in the late 1980's).

For mine it was quite incredible that the rig arrived for the drill without a sidetrack kit onboard...a likely contingency given the history.

Do not misread my sentiment, being a holder I'm all for them breaking through, but it may be naive to think that "modern techniques" will have us through in a jiffy.

Time will tell whether they can master the San Isidro.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OEL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.