ROO 0.00% 0.7¢ roots sustainable agricultural technologies ltd

Stuff about the importance of roots tech

1. 1,961 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    We are rapidly heading into a world in which water scarcity is a new normal and where agriculture consumes an astounding 70% of all fresh water on the planet. This means that as farmers and gardeners we have a responsibility to use water wisely and develop irrigation methods that reduce our environmental impact on the water sources we use. Since the 1960’s, global population has doubled but water use for farming has tripled. This is creating an immense burden on aquifers, wetlands, and rivers around the globe. Legal battles have been fought and it is expected in the near future wars will be waged over water – our most valuable resource.
    The above is a pretty good line. Refer to the website livingwebfarms.org

I think roots technology is possibly a game changer. I think this sort of tech has commercial scalability in the residential space. If they could make a sub surface system for residential lawns, this could be huge.
    I know quite a few lawn enthusiasts that would love an automated watering system. Roots could certainly develop something to get into this space. Greener grass, stabilised water levels in soil (reduces slab movements), could even reduce heat and fire dangers. But a big win is efficiencies by not having to manually water.
    The possibilities. Plus from an investment point of view, an announcement inking a multi million dollar supply deal with the likes of bunnings would certainly grab investors attention.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ROO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.