re: greens or greenys are just losers The party's strongest...

1. 2,785 Posts.
    re: greens or greenys are just losers The party's strongest performance was in Tasmania, where it enjoyed nearly 10 per cent of the primary vote.

Senator Brown said the Greens' primary vote across the country was extraordinarily good.

"Right across the country the Greens are polling above our last vote, which itself was a record vote," he said.

Fellow Greens Senator Kerry Nettle said while it was disappointing the party lost its only lower house seat, the Greens enjoyed strong support across the country, especially in Mr Howard's seat of Bennelong.

Whistleblower and Greens candidate Andrew Wilkie managed to grab 16.56 per cent of the primary vote in Bennelong.

"I think we have got votes from everywhere and I think when you look at somewhere like Bennelong where the Greens got 16.5 per cent ... well that's coming from everywhere that level of support," Senator Nettle told AAP.

"I think there's a message in that for the Labor Party about their failure to address the Iraq war as one of the key issues during the election campaign."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.