Turbiditic,I've followed the Speculator (Bulletin) for about 4...

1. 6,639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    Turbiditic,

I've followed the Speculator (Bulletin) for about 4 years now. The stocks recommended fequently start moving up a day or two before the magazine becomes available (ascertained by looking at previous few days course of trades).

The same companies/directors are always given a guernsey. I see Rimfire is recommended again (at around 6c). I bought Rimfire when it was recommended by the Speculator at around 30c. I'm not impressed by the progress Rimfire has made over the last 2 years between Speculator recommendations. Rimfire in its recent ASX announcement is still rehashing stuff about garnets and diamond identifying minerals around Bingara/Copetown and the same external expert is the source for these reports.

Seems like stocks are recommended by the Speculator at times as a favour for directors who are trying to get a capital raising away. Sort of a swings and roundabouts deal. A dud recommendation published by the Speculator repaid later by a decent information and recommendation for another company related by common directors.

If I recall Rimfire has common directors with Carnegie (Alan Burns companies?). Both companies recommended by Speculator at some point, sometimes more than once.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.