LKE 0.00% 3.8¢ lake resources n.l.

STU'S WEBINAR---All COMMENTS, page-75

1. 4,332 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3045
    This is a Google translate version of the transcript I've attempted to clean up - I was able to pick out a couple of points in Bold
    Thanks for posting the video

Well, we have a very pleasant visit this night I will present them to you right away because we are going to talk about a topic that we invites Bolivians to dream but we invites you to dream in the short term because it is very soon to come true.

Aspiration that we all have become a world power lithium that lithium that feeds the batteries that in the future could move those vehicles to leave the fossil fuels definitely and run into the future in an undertaking that will surely bring enormous benefits to our country.

This past May 23 were selected finalists 6 companies for participate in the evaluation process and is one more step to fulfill a dream to be a world power in the development of the lithium industry and derived products. The potosinos must be jumping from a pasta right congratulations to the potosinos finally this aspiration will come true for them and for all Bolivians and we want to know in detail what what benefits will it bring to him?

The future of lithium for Bolivia how we will be considered in this production in the future in the world we have invited none other than the minister of hydrocarbons and energy don franklin molina ortiz who is with us to take the pulse tonight to lithium

Minister for good night welcome nights a greeting to all your audience the people you see taking the pulse and for your intermediate to Bolivian people

Actually yesterday president of lithium deposits Bolivian made public a conference press release where the results of a process started last year past on April 30, 2021 where presented different companies international to carry out this piloting process for this technology which is known as direct extraction of lithium, which is a technology that is now is developing and promises pretty good results.

Hopeful not only for the country but also in terms of performance costs and environmental impact efficiency and logically at the right time there were quite a few detractors of this technology when we launched the call even when it was presented by President Luis himself maple in April on April 30 specifically from last year questioned this technology said that this was practically impossible and today almost a year and a little more later in the world logically this type of technologies is giving good results.

Under this logic 20 companies are presented Of these 20 companies, 8 are companies moving on to the next stage with the which Bolivian lithium deposits sign a memorandum of understanding

Just in case it's not a tender public as in some cases you want make understand or at least try to spread falsely or erroneously but it is a stage of piloting this with the primary objective of selecting the technology that logically is this of the second what is sought is from there and because there were three the salt flats where this piloting process is not only potosí just in case what not to clarify is also the department of oruro that the past today passes large pastures and uyuni logically they were the salt flats where developed this whole process.

I finally understand that out of eight companies six companies in one act Public with presence of the competent authority deliver six companies on time scheduled your reports and yesterday our presidentreiterated he was submitting this information to the opinion of these sixcompanies is that going to select one no or two no three how are you going towork with these six companies would ideally enter the six not here is not a topic of which has been a process of call for recruitment and that it's a criteria will be used to select the who will finally develop this technology are going to sit with the companies will proceed even to evaluate economic proposals because obviously we already have the data that has been identified deficiencies have even been achieved of 80 90 percent purity.

Which is and about that, that is, in the studies that perform tells us that the brine of the brine from the salar can be extracted 80 percent lithium purity at progressed exactly that and that is really important because under the current technology that is a technology pool evaporation for example we are building a plant of lithium carbonate that this plant construction began in 2018. Logically we had a critical year that It was during the management of 2020 that as everyone practically knows this project he was about to fall. There is a series nano who had even signed a commitment to the Bolivian government there were even authorities who were present from both countries what happened to this German company or is it a process independent of what is being done now.

Technology is heading now and this company will exploit the brine extract lithium from as he knows the public opinion in 209 I think November 209 this process with the German company if practically exist is set aside precisely because of the phenomena that occurred in he does and now this process of convening and international what he wants is develop with one or more of these companies in the different projects that we have ahead. For example I want mention that these processes are express modular processes means that we could havefive plants 5 plants each of one Approximate capacity of 20 thousand tons threecould be in union and two inoruroand each could be managed by acompany exactly by a different company.

There is not that possibility I reiterate this is something that it is still being evaluated and we are not to see a lot in that part of me but instruct there is something important not the investment I don't think that's something that It's part of what we expect Bolivians just think to mention a data it is estimated that around 500 million dollars could be invested on these five floors and we are talking about an investment between , $3.5 billion though the estimated income for the country that we hope this willbe concluded in 2024 could be around 5 billion of dollars per year every year

Then we are this unsaved is what we hope to move forward to specify would see 40 thousand more or less tons of production per year is what is estimated from salary not only be a single sagarawe spoke very well then but the piloting has been done results like this has made large expenses in coipasa anduyuni and logically the results are quite good said the companies that perhaps the exploitation of lithium is good could generate much more income than than traditional mining in the country.

We are talking about that animation what proportion there is more or less with the traditional mining well, how much does the income of the traditional mining in the case of just to mention a fact not in the case of hydrocarbons we are talking about something like 4 billion of dollars is for and during this decided exactly that is certainly something important but more beyond that what is important not it is only this plant owns the plant of lithium carbonate is certainly a important step.

Additionally there is other types of plant such as hydroxide of lithium as potassium chloride in fact we are producing right now potassium chloride which deals in many countries and within boliviaalso as fertilizer we have a plant this year together with lithium carbonate are already exceeding 200 million Bolivians of income for the country and we are still talking at a stage semi industrial with what he mentioned which is the industrial stage logically that the scenario will be different if these speak if this we add must finish the element that is the production of cathodes logically earnings have inclusive these 5000 come to more than double in a scenario where we are already developing this and if this we add the production of batteries logically we are already in another stadium

About the batteries - Some days ago it was made clear some projects that already are approved in the community European in the sense that some years will be completely banned fuel-burning vehicles fossils and therefore the obligation that all of the European community it does not open here some years I repeat use electric vehicles and use lithium where is it going to come from?

Lithium will be Bolivian lithium surely our lithium that will be powering all those batteries from the vehicles traveling around the world be we are putting hours in a industrialization project.

Do you think minister the greatest of the last years in the country

Yes I think definitely the country to possess So far 40 percent of there serves of the world is the country that counts with the largest reserves globally and we are in the process of certification coipasa salt flat that could easily including doubling these 2 million tons.

We have then imagine that the stage is quite interesting it is certainly a topic too that geopolitically has an effect global and that too comes with keeping a responsibility to defend our optimal natural resources administration and mainly I believe that the path our country has taken at the head of our president be reviewed in the dimension of industrialize the lithium industry advance with electromobility.

Without a doubt mark without this this scenario that you well mentioned the world is moving towards electro mobility a few years from now and it doesn't seem very distant 2035 as posed by the union Europe would practically be the only mechanism by which vehicles use is not true the vehicles electricity and countries like China that they also have very similar ambitions. USA India anyway we are all waiting and it will also arrive here in this way our national government and implemented policies also for the use of electromobility.

We have started also with what are the charging stations that are chargers fast for electric vehicles for a year it's been this possibility that a user with a electric vehicle can also charge we have in peace we have in high we have in cochabamba santa cruz inoruro

In the main axis practically any and today minister this is a channel that defends the community of life environment. There is a concern huge for the environment is going to be a large lithium exploitation is going to industrialize lithium in the country, what measures are being taken to protecting that environment did not fit us minute he tells me production let's take advantage of it to tell people how you will care

The government in the environment the companies that are going to exploit this they are going to compromise with the one that good question is that exactly what we seek with this type of technology the current technology in force as known that countries like Chile and other countries explode occupies pools which also uses a lot of water and logically also an effect on the environment this technology and being direct extraction of lithium the cycle of lithium recovery is much more fast with much less water.

We mean two and a half years vs. practically hours in terms of the process so we scale it that way and also in terms of cost not the effect in terms of cost benefit only for the state but for the generation of jobs we are talking about no doubt each plant can generate easily between 3,000 to 4,000 employment and a chain plan exactly and a chain of links that go since catering transport services supplies and a series of mechanisms that already at this moment with our plant we have on wiiunihe is definitely proving himself generate direct jobs around 700 direct jobs and jobs indirect almost 3000 jobs and this is feel right now that you are listening my son is getting ready at paris suitcases today a and i think it is important that uyuni to prepare not only good in córdoba also euro and gratton cesc

I think it's important and reiterated the commitment here also not to only from the national government but also of our different regional departmental authorities communities to help and promote this project minister franklin molina Ortiz minister of energy and hydrocarbons thank you very much for having us accompanied tonight and congratulations everything goes well thank you very much and delighted cordial greeting to all many thank you good what

Good news right lithium yes lords of the future

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $63.40M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.0¢ 4.0¢ 3.8¢ $119.1K 3.102M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
39 2428681 3.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.9¢ 873632 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.