STX 0.00% 21.0¢ strike energy limited

STX Charts, page-482

1. 2,349 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 479

As a holder, I hesitate to rain on your parade but I think in the interests of accuracy it must be pointed out that if/when FMG/ FFI gets into mining and processing of lithium, it almost certainly will not be using fossil fuels in their production and refining processes. That would be illogical and hypocritical of them and against everything they are seeking to do. I'm sure I don't know every conceivable way it is possible to concentrate lithium, but most flow charts I've looked at involve processes like reverse osmosis and sun assisted evaporation. Probably not huge users of gas.
    Every rare earth deposit is different but generally refining in this context is all about separating out very small quantities of what you want from other elements you do not want. The biggest difficulty with this is not high energy use but how to process and store the large amounts of waste that is necessarily generated. In most cases the waste is low level radioactive. It's probably not an advantage to be parked next door to a rare earths refinery.
    Last edited by Idle Wanderer: 24/05/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $607.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 21.3¢ 21.0¢ $309.6K 1.468M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
78 3293393 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 1715659 55
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.23pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.