STX 4.35% 22.0¢ strike energy limited

Hi all, Just got a txt from a fellow shareholder asking me...

1. tui
    6,040 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1436
    Hi all,
    Just got a txt from a fellow shareholder asking me what's going on.
    I replied as follows-
    " Yes,
    Been a lot of noise in the last few days
    1.SE-3 results okay.
    Conforming continuity across the Basin but but not the brilliant results of SE-1 and SE-2.
    2.Oil and Gas stocks hit by the markets today. A bloody day.
    Similar companies have suffered.
    3. MIN and Gina and maybe overseas interests are deliberately shorting STX down ( my thoughts only ) to make a later offer seem attractive.
    4. STX are in the throes of taking over Talon. This led to uncertainty. It will be finalised in the next few days.

On the other hand there are positives.
    1.STX has a commanding position in the Perth Basin.
    Others want it.
    2 Absorbing Talon will give STX total cash flow from Walyering and reduced overheads re Directors /admin/etc.
    3.WA govt are very pro gas now that they are being exposed to the threat of blackouts ( every politician's nightmare ). Their shutting of coal plants requires renewables and those renewables are way in the distance.
    4.There is widespread rumour that the WA Govt are going to allow many more companies to export gas ( at huge prices ). At present only Beach have this privilege. It should never have been allowed in the first place.
    5. If we absorb Talon then STX gets access to TEG's forthcoming drilling into highly prospective close to Lockyer Deep which is Australia's largest onshore gas find ever. Drilled by NWE.
    6.I have emailed CEO Stuart Nicholls to get reassurance that STX will not sell to anyone.
    7.Euroz have downgraded their STX valuation about 6 cents to 56 cents a share.

A bit of a pssoff but rest assured STX has a great ( and ultimately dividend bearing ) future.

Hold Tight
    Best.
    tui.
    Last edited by tui: 05/12/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
-0.010(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $629.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.0¢ 23.3¢ 22.0¢ $1.238M 5.531M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 327178 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 318446 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
22.0¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 3.80 %)
Open High Low Volume
22.5¢ 23.3¢ 22.0¢ 3834406
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.