NAB 0.46% $37.41 national australia bank limited

Sub $20 to come?, page-23

1. 8,904 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8171
    The following are comments people were making about NAB in Feb-March 2015, just as the SP went to its highest level in since the GFC............

"The big driver behind the appreciation in banks SP has been the talk of lower interest rates. History tells us that lower interest rates drives banks SP often to record levels. IMO NABs SP will climb higher.

TLS will soon go ex div mid February. Money from TLS will be switched back into the banks leading up to their dividends.

The US economy is showing healthy signs of growth. The appreciating USD will find investment in AUST banks attractive.

Short to medium term IMO NAB to break 40. "

"All the majors r doing well, with low interest rates for quite a while (at least while Abbott is still in the Lodge or the Barracks or Kirribilli), the four majors don't pose much downside risk IMHO but pls DYOR."

(SP $36.23 at the time)

"Did someone say NAB was going to crack 40 a while ago?

Easy 40 and more. Interest rates the key here. Rates in the US unchanged and more rate reductions coming in Aust. Cant lose here

All the way to 45. Just sit back and watch. My tip 45 before div in May."
    (SP $39.24 at the time)

"I think it will go higher than $50 if we experienced a sustained period of low interest rates and they finally exit the U.K + once people ride CBA up to $100 they will be looking for the next big bank trade."
    (SP $39.39 at the time)

The top price was $39.71 on the 13th of April 2015, it has basically fallen ever since with the usual ups and downs thrown in. The comments were overwhelmingly bullish at the top.

A recommendation from a brokerage that someone posted at the time.........

"I recommend that you buy National Australia Bank (NAB). NAB offers the highest growth prospects out of the four major banks and with a newly appointed CEO we foresee further upside to the company following previous disappointments with their UK venture. It is a low risk investment in the financial sector that will help balance out your portfolio and reap the benefits of paying the highest dividend of all the four major bank at 5.56% (100% franking)."

A recommended BUY at 5.56% fully franked, in March 2015!!!

Now at 12.2% fully franked everyone is suggesting to sell.

At $21.75 we hit 13% FF. They could halve the dividend and it would be yielding better than when those comments above were made in 2015, about how much higher the SP was going to go.

Please keep the negative comments coming, these threads are so bullish near tops and so bearish near bottoms!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.