Subs: Let's cut to the Chase

1. 22,478 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 769
    PS: In the event of an all out Trade war between the USA & China,
    we'll be the economic canary in the US Economic mine...IMO.
  2. 47,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    @moorookamick; I share most of those sentiments, albeit I think warmongers are running amok with hateful and racist anti-China rhetoric to justify what I regard as outrageous $Waste of taxpayers' money on warmongering.

Australia not only stands to gain NOTHING from those submarines, we face the prospect of LOSING heaps:
    . Causing further damage to our relationship with our major trading partner - China, perhaps even pushing it further into Putin's World.
    . Enabling even more US businesses to replace Australian exporters into China.
    . Shelving investment in a more productive and expanded public education [including exports] sector.
    . Shelving investment in public health and crucial public services.
    . Shelving investment in upgrading the Coalition's third world NBN to a first world FTTH one.
    . Shelving investment in the transformation of Australia into a global exporter of renewables sourced energy.
    . Shelving investment in core infrastructure including very fast rail between state capitals.

And for what ... to protect the perceived vested interests of our wealthiest and most privileged 0.5% and those of multinational corporations which pay virtually $No $Tax in Australia on what they earn from Australia.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.