Subscribers - FATPROFITS, SHARES WEEKLY ETC., page-2

1. 392 Posts.
    I subscribe to Shares Weekly, Darryl Guppy's newsletter & the Oil & Gas Bulletin.

Shares Weekly does have a portfolio every week that seems to be running at a reasonable profit although their stop losses are often quite a long way below the buy price. I don't subscribe to it so much for its recommendations as for the commentary of the various ASX companies. There are around 20 mentioned every week and by reading it I get a pretty good feel for what the various companies do and what their opportunities are. From this I then look at the charts and make my own decisions. (Doesn't mean I do a better job but at least I don't just follow them). It doesn't cost too much and you get a subscription to the monthly Shares magazine thrown in.

Daryl's TA newsletter is great. It is written as a series of tutorials on how to make trading decisions. They also have sample trades and he usually makes about a 100% return each year on a relatively small number of trades without reinvesting the profits. He tries to hold trades open between issues so there can be no criticism that he is faking the results. I only wish I could do half as well as he does. At $4 per week this one is a must.

The fortnightly Oil & Gas bulletin is also bought more for its commentary on what the various companies are doing. The commentary is almost entirely FA based and is generally fairly optimistic. It's interesting but only if you want to trade in this sector. It also ends up costing a bit more per issue. This bulletin is why I'm still holding my AYO shares into a big loss as they think it is grossly undervalued. (I should really have sold at an appropriate stop loss point but if he is right I'll keep them for more than a year and pay much less tax)

Hope this helps.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.