Hi Stockpot !Firstly, might I suggest that in order to obtain...

1. 175 Posts.
    Hi Stockpot !

Firstly, might I suggest that in order to obtain answers to your question that are USEFUL to you, you need to be more specific as to what your objectives are, ie day trader, long term investor, blue chips, speccies ect.....
    There are multitudes of services available , most of which would be useless to you if they dont fit with your objectives, ie no point in reccomending Huntleys if you intend to daytrade speccies. Do you know what I'm saying?

Personally I used to be of the opinion that by subscibing to analyst newsletters was a way of simplifying my stock selection as surely 'Professional Analysts' should do better than the average punter, right?

WRONG!!!!

Most tip sheets sound good when they highlight a couple of their HUGE winners to entice you to subscribe but what they usually fail to mention is that you would have needed about 50 stocks in your portfolio to get those winners !

I have tried many of them and have come to the conclusion that not only are they a waste of money, but also end up clouding your own judgement and beliefs.

I think Medvidek summed it up quite well!

DYOR is probably the best advice given here.

Honestly, my best winners have been companies I found myself.

A very useful site to check out is Colin Nicholson's
    http://www.bwts.com.au/index.cfm
    $90 to join but a great education on basic fundamental and technical analasis, portfolio management and market psychology. His books IMO must read !

Does anyone have an opinion on the above site ?

I am also interested in increasing my charting knowledge ie for med to long term trend trading / basic indicators ect. Any thoughts welcome!

Hope this is of some use to you!

Ah.. This is my 100th post .. so I hope you appreciate my effort stockpot! heh heh heh lol {so what!} heh heh

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.