sudan

1. 11,316 Posts.

I saw Sudan on the SBS news just now, and goggle it.
    Below is an extract.

more at; http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-australia/delivering-assistance/government-programs/settlement-planning/_pdf/community-profile-sudan.pdf

The Republic of Sudan is Africas largest country and is located in the northeast
    of the continent.
    ( All you people who wants Australia independence take note of what could happen here.)

Since independence from joint British-Egyptian administration in
    1956 it has been ravaged by drought, famine and war. Sudan has seen regular
    turnover of governments but most have been military regimes controlled by
    Muslim, Arab northern Sudanese favouring Islamic-oriented policies. Disputes
    with largely non-Muslim, black African southern Sudanese over access to power
    and resources have resulted in two extended periods of civil war.
    Sudans first civil war began shortly after independence and continued until 1972.
    Eleven years of relative calm ended in 1983 when fighting broke out again. The
    estimated toll from the second war and associated famine included almost two
    million deaths and more than four million displaced people.
    In January 2005 both sides signed the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA),
    which ended the fighting and granted the southern part of the country autonomy
    for six years. Under the terms of the CPA, a referendum on the souths political
    future is scheduled to be held in 2011.
    Drought, famine, war damage and limited infrastructure in the south have
    hindered the return of the estimated 500 000 Sudanese refugees who fled to
    neighbouring countries. Australia has assisted in resettling some of the worst
    affected people from the region.
    The CPA did not end internal conflict in Sudan. In 2003 fighting broke out in
    Darfur, in the countrys west. To date this conflict has resulted in more than
    200 000 deaths and the displacement of nearly two million people.

My thoughts, for we have touch these issue recently.

If we have taken in Northern Muslin refugees as well as Southern Christian refugees from Sudan.

And if these two groups build a support group here in Australia for their opposing religious sides in Sudan.

Would we In Australia have a war with Muslims against Christians?

We have the refugees of India's Tamil Tigers coming here as well. Another Religious conflict.

Would it make sense to keep these waring religious groups separate and not bring Muslims into Australia to avoid this misery here.

We are lucky we are an Island and we could do this, but our Governments of the past and present seem Hell bent on turning Australia in to another Sudan.

Multiculturalism will work to a certain extent.

But Christian verses Muslim is a big ask that I believe will end up in death and misery for our children.

In the future, like overseas ,it's possible that Northern and Southern Australia will end up like Sudan,Korea and etc.

Not Good.

We the people should let our Governments know what we want for our children.

I am glad I was born in 1946, for i believe that in 2046 or sooner,Australia is going to have BIG problems with this issue.

Regards and best of luck,

sypaladin

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.