DRO 6.04% $1.40 droneshield limited

This was a very surprising event. Made me nervous as to the...

1. 521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 270
    This was a very surprising event. Made me nervous as to the underlying reason but unfortunately it looks like the reason will remain unknown at this time*. There hasn't been any adverse material market updates in the days following which should relieve holders as these surprise sell downs can be evidence of a leaky boat. Still a bit of time before I'd say this concern is muted but having seen my buy orders execute on 0.16 and 0.155 I'll probably have to see it hit lower (14c and below) before putting more in.

Odd event but not too odd. There has been no material change to the prospects here however, really hope we see some momentum of sales.

*A few of the reasons I considered for the large chunk (think it was 2.1m?) that sold around 3:15pm on Tuesday:
    • Selling to buy another stock opportunity. Reallocation of capital where you believe or know a market update is due to come which would result in a price surge means the 10-15% loss you make selling instantly rather than over a week is negligible/worth it.
    • Review of financial report resulted in a view to sell. I don't really understand how funds/institutional money works in small caps - a call might have been made to exit and simply executed at the available price. I'd imagine this is linked to the above but could be wrong. If anyone has insights into this from their experience i'd appreciate viewpoints
    • Retail investor needed funds. Could be a house purchase or financing/servicing debts in some other area.
    • Attempts to trigger stop-losses and drive the price lower for acquisition. I don't like this one because it is fairly risky. There are some other theories or ideas around this type of manipulation but i've never seen any evidence. I would reference the AUS Banks manipulation of the Banking Swap rate as evidence that it does happen but at these low levels it would have to be small players playing funny buggers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.40
Change
-0.090(6.04%)
Mkt cap ! $1.067B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.51 $1.51 $1.36 $35.85M 25.56M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 139470 $1.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.41 14 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.