LNR 16.7% 0.4¢ lanthanein resources ltd

sudest island, page-4

1. 923 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

Sudest Exploration Licence Granted in PNG: Frontier Grab Rock Assays to 256 g/t Gold

The Sudest Exploration Licence is located in the World Class Misima Mine Gold Corridor in
    Milne Bay, eastern Papua New Guinea. No drilling has been completed, even though alluvial
    gold was first discovered in PNG here in 1888 and 2 small high-grade gold hard rock mines
    have operated (Figures 1 and 2).

Frontier have mobilised an exploration team of 2 geologists and 5 field technicians to Sudest
    to complete trenching and 2 soil grids covering 6 sq km (Figure 3), to define additional
    trenching and future drilling targets.

Systematic stream sediment and panned concentrate sampling by the last explorer (Placer
    Pacific - operator of Misima Mine) demonstrated gold in drainage anomalies over a 45
    kilometre strike length along the western 2/3 of the island (Figures 2 and 4).

Frontier's 1/2 day reconnaissance check grab outcrop rock samples from historic hand
    trenches dug at the Adelaide Prospect demonstrated assays up to 256 g/t gold with 19 g/t
    silver (and down to detection limit in unmineralised rock) confirming the historic results.

Previous trench sampling/assaying west of the Adelaide Mine (in 1991 & 1997) returned up to
    2m of 104.5 g/t along with 2m of 15.35 g/t, 2m of 16.0 g/t and 2m of 11.6 g/t gold. Refer to
    Table 1 & Figures 5 + 6 for complete results.
    Historic rock grab rock sampling in trenches included assay results of up to 299.6 g/t and
    151.2 g/t gold.

Visible gold was observed in a creek outcrop that historically assayed only 2m of 4.05 g/t
    gold, showing the strong possible assay 'nugget' effect.
    The Cornucopia historic Mine is located about 1.5 kilometres east of Adelaide.

Trench sampling ~300m NW of the Cornucopia Mine in 1997 returned gold results to
    6m of 10.96 g/t gold in one of four trenches dug. Refer to Table 1.

Rock grab sampling of quartz veining in trenches included assays to 36.4 g/t and 14.5 g/t
    gold.

Placer Pacific commented in 1997 that the limited prospect scale work at Adelaide and
    Cornucopia had defined an east-west trending area of 2,200 by 400m that contains anomalous
    gold in ridge and spur soils to 9.66 g/t. The region is now being soil sampled on a grid basis to
    define the gold mineralised zones.

No drilling has ever been undertaken on Sudest and less than 5% of the strike of the 45 km
    anomalous zone has been cursorily evaluated by soil geochemistry, yet results demonstrated
    to date are very promising.

Frontier intend to aggressively pursue the attractive exploration targets demonstrated by the
    high grade gold in trenches/float rocks, abundant alluvial gold in drainages plus variably
    altered intrusives with compositions commonly associated with mineralised porphyry systems.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.