sugar is toxic. a serious study published., page-23

1. 5,882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    Pintohoo, I worked with a guy with pre-type2 built like a rake. He is mad as hell we have been led on for so long. He uses cinnamon and a low carb diet to keep his sugar levels down. That study was not about anecdotal evidence and examined populations over a period of years in 75 countries. I am pretty sure genetics are also involved.
    Anyone think the TGA have the gonads to go against the soft drink manufacturers? It will be interesting to see if the FDA does anything.
    This increase in blood sugar problems could have severe consequences for our health care systems and I think anything as fixable as this should be acted upon,at least with warnings.
    There is literature everywhere on the problem, but everyone does not stay informed or read much. A warning on a can would be a good move I think. Same with sugar coated/filled breakfast cereals. Keeping people informed would not be impinging any rights.
    Diabetes is the #6 cause of death in Aus, but it is strongly linked to Heart, cerebrovascular and dementia. They are #1, #2 and #3
    I think I will go cook up a couple of nice healthy slabs of bacon:-)(not sugar cured, I hope)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.