Sugar Tax, page-39

1. 83,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    fully agree on the corn syrup - indeed, I think it should be banned.

I have been spending a little time with a sugar addict lately - who has cancer ------ it is interesting to watch - it is crystal clear that it is an addiction.

I can't really believe we have allowed it to get to where it is -- soft drink consumption - advertising to kids - ingredients lists on packaged food that looks more like a chemical bomb recipe - and, the quantity - is just amazing.

Somehow a tiny xmas cake got into my cupboard - it's still there - we won't eat it - but, this thing is atrocious -

it's only about 150 mm dia. - and, there is 500 grams of sugar in it ------------- PLUS fruit etc.

500 grams.

Couple of slices of that and a can of coke - and you may as well just go straight to the nearest oncologist.

Philosophically I am all for freedom - but, as I have seen it in practice - it isn't pretty.

I too dislike a nanny state --------- but, boy, with some things - wow, - how can society allow an orchestrated campaign to advertise things like coke and Maccas to our kids - and, not only advertise in the normal ways - but, fund activities and use covert practices as well as overt ------

wow - then we come up with a problem of fat kids ------- then blame the parents.

Fair dinkum.

Pretty amazing.

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.