SUM 4.35% 24.0¢ summit minerals limited

Criteria - Shorting the Market? For those of you who give a toss...

1. 70 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 125
    Criteria - Shorting the Market? For those of you who give a toss as as I couldn't find the answer to this question online anywhere and it has always baffled me.

I've always been bewildered why it is possible that institutions (eg. GBA) and the like can legally facilitate the tearing down of small cap companies listed on the ASX eg. SUM. It almost beggars belief, brutal, but I guess it is what it is as it is within the confines of the law.

A question was posted a while back by I think it was @Novac along the lines of how are stocks with such low market caps able to be shorted? Someone mentioned criteria was min. 100m market cap, another liquidity / volume etc.

ASX informed me:- quote "that there is no criteria imposed by ASX surrounding which shares can be shorted on our market. It is up to the individual broker to offer the service to short and facilitate the borrowing of that security (which is needed in order to short). Brokers, market makers and their clients (retail, businesses) can short the market."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SUM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.