AVQ 0.00% 2.5¢ axiom mining limited

Sumitomo and contempt of court - week 2

1. 81 Posts.
    With all the noise this week, I refer everyone (including the Non AVQ shareholders) to the
    AVQ - ASX announcement ( 5 days ago) 20 March 2017.
    I refer to page 2 parragraph 1 " Associated court action and deceptive media publications "

" A number of articles appearing in in the national newspapers of the Solomon Islands over recent periods have contained false, misleading and defamatory information about Axiom and its stakeholders. Some of these articles have found their way into international outlets. After investigations into the source of the articles, Sumitomo admitted that requests to newspaper editors for publication of these statements had been issued via fictitious email accounts originating from a long term employee of Sumitomo and including the use of Sumitomo computers. At the time these articles were published there was a High Court ordered injunction in place which included “preventing Sumitomo from interfering in any of Axiom’s lawful business interests”. This injunction was stamped with the Penal Code of Solomon Islands meaning any breach could potentially be a criminal offence. Axiom has filed a contempt of court claim against Sumitomo with a hearing before the High Court on 20 March 2017. Sumitomo has denied their long term employee was acting under instructions of its management and also denies it is in breach of the injunction and contempt of court. In the interests of its shareholders and stakeholders, Axiom will protect its integrity and rights as well as dispel misinformation particularly when distributed by those with counter intentions to the Company. Axiom may also seek compensation where appropriate. Axiom’s primary focus remains the development of the world class Isabel Nickel Project. However it has become apparent that to avoid undue interference the Company has been forced to take strong action "

We wait the result on this Factual Court Decision, maybe a formal apology coming with a heavy fine.

W

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.