NTU 5.00% 2.1¢ northern minerals limited

sumitomo, page-34

1. 213 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I think Ausheds raises an interesting point. By many accounts, there is no impending rare earth supply issue. We are looking at an oversupply!!
    This of course is a rather dumb way of analysing the situation.
    Yes, I do agree it seems there is plenty of supply and plenty of capacity to expand processing capability, BUT ONLY WITHIN THE PRC. Outside of the PRC, close to zip. Nada. Not much at all. Think in terms of security of supply or security of supply chain. China is aggressively militarising along its borders, yet those same neighbours are forced to buy weapons systems with components that are entirely dependent on a Chinese supply chain.
    Which is why the MOU with Sumitomo (i.e. this thread!) is so good.
    Does anyone know if Sumitomo has the ability to process NTU's output into finished product without needing help from China? I'd love to know.
    I have nothing against the Chinese and think NTU should be selling to whoever pays best, however I believe theirs is a very rigged market and the sooner some semblance of a supply chain (i.e. processing oxide to end product) comes online outside of China the better.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.001(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $142.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.1¢ 1.9¢ $22.38K 1.118M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 585000 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.1¢ 5461947 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NTU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.