SHC 0.00% 2.5¢ sunshine heart, inc.

Tootip, xc et al. With respect, you wouldn't have a clue whether...

1. 85 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Tootip, xc et al.

With respect, you wouldn't have a clue whether Rosa is doing a good job or not. You choose to believe the spin that the business is going as well as can be expected etc etc.

Let's be clear - I am not out to bag the stock as I have a decent position and am very keen to see my money again but I do got frustrated by the blind optimism and the constant "best buy" comments regardless of how badly the stock has gone.

No doubt Rosa is trying hard and doing his best but whether or not he is realising the potential of the product or strategically managing the business well is not something some small time punter on HC like you or me would ever know. We are fed what positive news management is able to feed us and poor performance and decisions are most certainly withheld.

I suspect he has made some good calls but no doubt has made a few howlers as well. Letting William Peters go has not paid dividends. He was C-Pulse - lock, stock and 2 smoking barrels. No doubt he had his faults but almost certainly the reason he was "let go" was because he differed from Rosa and others on the direction the business should go. Likewise the other key execs who have left.

Tootip - to suggest the CEO doesn't control the share price is naive to say the least. I suspect if the share price was roaring ahead you would be congratulating him - surely the opposite is true. Technically you are right of course, he doesn't control the share price, but the successes and failures are reflected in the share price and the buck stops with the CEO. Share price of businesses that are yet to bring their products to market rise and fall on investor confidence and Rosa has not done a good job of inspiring confidence in the investors that matter - being the investors that are able to buy and sell positions that drive share prices - typically not HotCopper contributors. That is what he bought into when he took on the role of CEO of a public company and at this stage, if they have as good a product as you (and I) think they have, he is making a dogs breakfast of things.

None of this really matters if the share price sorts itself out unless you choose to, or have to, sell your shares - except for one small fact. Every day we are getting closer to needing more $$ to fund this beast and the worse the share price the greater the dilution for you and me. The greater the dilution the less you and I share in the future success of the product and the business.

So I strongly suggest Rosa's mates stop pumping his performance and making excuses for the poor share price and start making some demands on their CEO to get things moving. Which ever way you look at things the PR is woeful. Last week being a classic example. On the surface of things the fact that the fully implantable unit is on its way is great news - however the release raised more questions than answers - with no indication of where things are at, what performance has been like etc. A full report on the product and some commentary that inspired confidence would have been a far more appropriate way to trumpet the imminent arrival of such an important advance in C-Pulse technology.

Anyway I desperately hope things improve but there are hundreds of theories and opinions and a handful of facts and the most significant fact of them all is that the share price has dropped from over $12.79 to under $3 in 2 years - that's 75% - and all the while certain people on HC have been continually pumping the stock, the CEO and everything else about the business. At the same time anyone who dared suggest anything negative has been labelled a basher.

Let's get real - the "bashers" concerns have proven to be well founded and the "pumpers" raves have proven to be nothing but rubbish - so lets jointly get real, get in touch with the CEO, demand some accountability and hope like heck the share price rallies before they issue more cut prices options to staff and capital raise at a massively dilutionary level.

Don't get me wrong - I am in this because I believe in the product and believe that William Peters is a very clever man. Look back at his other ground breaking inventions. I am disappointed that he was booted but remain optimistic about the future of C-Pulse. I have some serious concerns about the way the business is being managed and do not buy into the theory that Rosa is doing a great job. If he was doing a great job it would be reflected in the confidence of the large and institutional investors, which is turn would be reflected in the share price. That is where things start and finish. If they thought he was doing a great job they would be buying the shares at these prices - they are not and therefore it is fair to suspect they have some concerns. You should too.

All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.